Wednesday, September 12, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 12. Stripes!


Ok, I dunno why I keep doing this, but my fingers make me look like a sports fan. Broncos or some crap. I really actually don't like sports but I seem like to love the garish look of blue and orange together. I really liked these nails, but next time I won't try to paint over another mani. Where it looks a little muddy in the orange is where it was over something else. I wanted to cut down on how many times I removed the polish during this challenge cuz it's usually every two to three days that I change it. During the challenge I want to do two or three a day, so I don't have to do them every day. I started with an Elmer's school glue base(this makes it so it just peels off) and did my animal print mani, thinking that was today's. Then I did this one and then my floral. It got really thick, I think I had 15 coats of polish by the end, LOL, and it lasted 3 days through showers and all. The glue base is great for glitter and stuff that's hard to remove too. I'm not going to credit anyone with that idea because I read nearly 50 blogs and several have mentioned this technique. So whoever started the idea, thank you! Anyways, The colors I used today were China Glaze - Riveting and Blue Year's Eve. A lot of the girls doing this challenge are doing 30 days of untrieds, using polishes they haven't tried before. I am almost doing that. Riveting, and a majority of the other polishes I've used are untrieds, kind of fun! Ok, I'll stop babbling...
On to the picks! 


So, what to you think? I like the horizontal ones the best. I used this striping tape I got for $1 on ebay, free shipping. I got 10 rolls and I'm about halfway through one. I don't think I'll need to buy more for a while.

Happy Manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment