Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Very Special Teal Tuesday

There is a group of ladies who do something called Teal Tuesdays. I read a couple of their blogs and today they are dedicating their Teal Tuesday to Ovarian Cancer Awareness. This is something very close to me, as my best friend's mom passed away from this horrible disease just a couple of years ago. I loved her as a second mom and this was devastating for me. I can't imagine what it must have been like for her family. Gerri was a wonderful woman. She loved everyone and welcomed anyone into her home and heart. She taught me origami, something I use now as a stress reliever. She loved apples, her kitchen was full of them. Anytime I see an apple I think of her. Now, when I look at her daughter, my best friend, she reminds me so much of her mom. She is gentle and loving and never judges. Gerri was a wonderful woman and she is missed dearly.
This post is a little late in the day and I hope Missy doesn't mind if I use the graphic and intro from her blog:

Today is a very special version of our Teal Tuesdays.
We are dedicating this week's Tealicure to Ovarian Cancer Awareness.
I was recently asked by an organization called Teal Toes to devote one of our special Tuesdays to this cause and I simply couldn't resist.
Add to that the fact that this Thursday is National Wear Teal Day by the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund - and it all just made sense.
This week we went outside our group to include anyone who was interested in participating with us to spread the word, so this week we have included an Inlinkz gallery at the end of ours posts so you can see all of the great Tealicures helping to support this cause.
If you can, please take a moment to visit these great organizations I have linked to above. And if you feel compelled, please donate. Many women are affected by this terrible illness.


It's kind of a strange coincidence that Gerri's favorite color was teal as well, So I hope she can see this manicure I am dedicating to her. I know she would love it.





Thank you all for reading my blog, I appreciate every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment