Saturday, September 8, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 8. Metallic


I love metallic polishes. I didn't know the possibilities until I got into blogging though. It used to be that polish that claimed to be metallic was really just pearly. Now, it's damn near chrome! I love it. I really want Layla's Mirror Effect polishes, but I can settle for Essie's Mirror Metallics. Today I used Penny Talk and Blue Rhapsody, I've noticed that their names kind of resemble names of songs. Like Penny Lane, and Rhapsody in Blue. The other colors are Nothing Else Metals(Nothing Else Matters), No Place Like Chrome, and Good as Gold. The last two I can't think of off the top of my head what song they sound like. Anyways, these are really great for stamping, but really crap for just painting your nails. The brush is super tiny(as with all Essies) and the formula is super patchy. If you happen to paint over something you just painted, you know like by trying to paint your whole nail? It will totally wipe off the lower layer. So them it is totally uneven. My nails are nice and smooth but this problem made them look super ridgey. I like this mani, but won't do it again, I'll keep these polishes for stamping though.

In a lightbox of sorts

In the sunshine

With NYC Matte Me Crazy topcoat
This challenge is actually kind of fun, so far. Lol. I am happy that we're out of the color constraints after tomorrow. I like picking my own colors. I like making my own colors too. I created a gorgeous green and purple that will be in a mani coming up soon. Super excited!

Happy Manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment