Thursday, September 13, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 13. Animal Prints


I just want to go on record saying that I think animal prints are cliche and overdone. Especially savannah animals. Giraffe, leopard, hyena, whatever. And they're on everything, clothes, furniture, linens, throw pillows, fat women's underwear etc. It's bullshit! My neck of the woods needs some representin too. We need to see some moose print kitchen towels. So, to kick off a new trend I decided to do animal prints of the locals. Here in the Inland Northwest, we have some great creatures. I have recreated their prints for you with black acrylic on a new franken white and silver base and displayed them next to the animal they represent. I chose pics of them looking natural and I think you'll find, our animals are very happy. Except the turkey, turkeys are bastards. Now, without further ado, here are my animal print nails!










Look at all those happy Northwest animals!

Check out who else came to see me the other day:




Isn't she pretty? I'm such an outdoors-person. LOL


Happy Manicures!


1 comment:

  1. This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Both your nails and the mantis!

    ReplyDelete