Monday, September 3, 2012

A little bit of cheating...

So, I decided that I wanted to do the 31 day challenge starting Sept 1st. It's currently Sept 3rd and I haven't posted anything, lol. Today I am going to post the first 3 days of the challenge and then try and keep up after that. The first 7 days are inspired by color as you can see here:


So, I decided to use my favorite polish(es) for each color and do something cool with them.
The first is red, I used Pure Ice Siren, the best red cream I have ever used. It's all red, no orangey or pinky undertones and it covers quite well in one coat. I use two, but that's just cuz visible nail line can show up in pics and not in person. The only thing I don't like about this red is that it stains cuticles uber badly, but if you're careful, it shouldn't be a problem. Then I covered an accent nail in the most gorgeous red glitter by Barry M. It's a super inexpensive british polish line and their formula is awesome! The rest of my nails I put Icing Call Me Glitzy on over the red. Check it out:


Day 2 was Orange, so I used my very favorite neon orange by Blackheart Beauty-Safety Dance. I kept thinking Hallowe'en when I was trying to think of art for this, but then I would think, no, it has to be generic art. So I wanted to do the blue glitter again, but been there done that, so I have also always wanted to do a fish egg mani and that's how I got this:


Day 3 is yellow, That's today! I can only think of bees when I think of yellow. I know there are a ton of other things that are yellow: bananas,  the sun, uh yeah. So, I did a bee mani, I hate it. It's yellow. Not a fan. But here it is:


So, that's the first three days, I'll be putting much more though into the Next few because I like Green, Blue, and Purple. But I am going to keep trying to do new techniques. The rest of the month should be interesting as well. Stay Tuned.

Happy Manicures!


1 comment:

  1. Stryper. That's what the yellow reminds me of. I'm far too scattered to do a daily challenge, I'm already challenging myself w the month of Indies. Love that red on you! Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete