Tuesday, September 18, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Days 15, 16, and 17


I have been busy, sick, and lazy the last few days. I was really looking forward to this challenge but I am so disappointed by what I come up with. I just feel like they are really blah. I have a couple coming up that are fun and that I like, but in this post there is only one.

Day 15 is delicate. If you know me, you know I am anything but delicate. In fact I don't think I own anything that could be considered delicate except a crocheted doily my grandma made me, and that's in a box cuz it would look so weird in my house. I had some great ideas for this mani. I was gonna do toilet paper, but that looked ridiculous.  I thought I would do a dandelion blowing in the wind. I found out that I can't paint a dandelion for crap. It was getting late by this time so I took my light shimmery blue, Essie- Bikini So Teeny and painted the nails. Then I looked through my stamping plates and found one that has barbie on it and some really pretty lace. So I stamped lace and then made the tips french. Meh. It's pretty, don't get me wrong. But my creative muscles definitely weren't flexed.


Day 16 was tribal. I hate what is called a tribal manicure. I am not a fan of those sort of geometric designs. Everyone pretty much does the same thing. Sponging different colors, then a geometric pattern in black. How Boring and generic. I asked Dingus what I should do as I had already looked up Cherokee (I'm 2/64 cherokee) and didn't like those designs, I looked up celtic and gaelic and thought those would be really hard. Dingus said I should look up the local tribes. The Salish. They make beautiful totem poles. I chose four animals from carved oars and used them. I like them a lot. From top to bottom, Killer Whale, Raven stealing the sun, Bear, and Eagle. I got a lot of compliments on these and Sweetpea said they were great!


Finally, Day 17 was glitter. I love glitter now that I have figured out the glue technique. You use white school glue as a basecoat so that when you want to remove it, you just peel it off. I hate trying to get rid of glitter with polish remover. Anyway, I got Saly Hanson Insta-Dri - In A Flurry. Its a really pretty green polish with green glitter and tiny flecks of purple. I thought it would look great with this gorgeous Lavender glitter by Milani. It did. But can my pictures show you that? No. They cannot. I really need a lightbox, but I don't really have a place for it. Poop. So, here are the pics I took in different light and you can see different aspects of it in the pics.
 




So, there are the last few days of the challenge.

Happy Manicures!


No comments:

Post a Comment