Wednesday, September 19, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 19. Galaxy!


I love Galaxy Nails! I have always kind of been a space nut. I wanted to be an astronaut when I was little, said I was from Mars for a while and really looked up to my Uncle, Homer Stewart.  He was a huge name in the Jet Propulsion Lab. He was part of the moon landing. He let me borrow Kodak pictures(originals) of the earth from the moon for a science fair project. I love space.
One of the things I love about galaxy nails is that there are so many different ways to do it. My first attempt was with a black base and the water color method of adding the other colors. I have also seen sponge effects, acrylic paint, and splatters(which I can't find the link to at the moment). But recently I found a mani that used powdered eye shadow. This is what I used for this one.
First I laid down 2 coats of Necromorphic, a franken of mine with a black base and tons of holographic glitter. Then I used a dotting tool and put on some sporadic white dots. Then one nail at a time I swiped on a coat of Quick dry top coat and sprinkled one color of eye shadow on the wet polish. Once all the nails were sprinkled, I waited for the polish to dry, tapped off the excess powder and washed my hands. Then, I did the whole process again. I did that for green, blue, gold, and red powder. Then one last coat of top coat and I was done. I found that something I would do differently is to press lightly on places with powder to make it stick better.  Anyways, enough babbling, on to the nails!




And obviously this eye shadow is not for eyes anymore, but don't worry I didn't buy it for my eyes anyways. I used some of this to experiment with pigmenting polish. It's really pretty.  I really like this technique and with different colors you can create all kinds of effects.

Stay Tuned, tomorrow I am attempting a water marble. In my opinion it is the hardest technique to master and I still haven't yet. So let's see what happens.

Happy Manicures!

P.S. Check it out! A review of my polish from the Beautiful Jen at I Like my Polish Black, Just Like My Metal

No comments:

Post a Comment